Saturday, December 11, 2010

Baldwin Street - The World's Steepest Street

31 October 2010

Daren brought me to the Baldwin Street, where it is located in the suburb of North East Valley, 3.5 km northeast of Dunedin city centre, New Zealand. It is reputed as being the steepest street in the world by the Guinness Book of Records.


View of the top

Closer view

Here it starts

Have a rest, have a photo session ^^



After 2 minutes of rest, we continued to walk up...


Yay I reached the top

Looking down





Baldwin Street is a short straight street of a little under 350 metres length, obtains a slope of approximately 19 degree or 35% (1:2.86) at its maximum. We took 10 minutes to reach the top. It was quite tiring for me as I seldom exercise. But once I reached the top, I could just get my breath back and enjoy the nice view. It was a good experience ^^

No comments: